Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Flax Seed Gel

This weekend I decided to take a trip to my local natural food store to pick up some new goodies! I picked up flax seeds and Aubrey Organics Pure Aloe Vera. And because the weather is warming up and like many naturals that wash and go season is approaching, so I decided to make flax seed gel! Flax seed gel is a great all natural alternative to Eco-styler and a cheaper option than kinky curly.

Things you will need:
*Flax seeds of course;)
*Tights or very thin socks (to strain your seeds)
*Tongs
*Aloe Vera (optional)
*Essential oils optional
For a video on how its done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWaH8GIbLrM

Recipe:
1 1/2 cups of flax seeds
2 cups of water
1 teaspoon of aloe vera juice
1/2 teaspoon of olive oil

My Finished product:


Here is a picture of me using the gel for my wash and go. My hair was still damp, and I used Shea moisture curl and Shine conditioner as a leave- in, which explains why the tips of my hair are white. But the color was gone after about an hour.

For those of you ladies that don't care for wash n gos I also used the gel for a twist out. It gave it amazing hold and shine! I even got second day hair without re twisting:0





I Love flax seed gel so much, I will definitely be making it during the warmer months, and maybe even during the colder. What I like about this gel is that it is actually moisturizing and it had great hold, which is hard to find nowadays. I highly recommend that you make it and try it out for yourselves it truly is worth it.

XOXO
Teenage Naturalista







No comments:

Post a Comment